Thursday, October 31, 2013

L'Oreal Eau De Teint Foundation - Armani Maestro Dupe

Last year, I reviewed Armani's latest high-tech foundation, 'Maestro'. For those of you not-in-the-know, L'Oreal own Giorgio Armani Beauty (along with YSL, Essie, Lancome, Maybelline etc) usually, high street dupes of their high-end bestsellers tend to hit the market a few months after their expensive counterparts (previous examples include YSL Touche Eclat vs. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch and Armani's Eyes To Kill Intense Eye Shadows vs. L'Oreal's Infallible ones) and unless my eyes deceive me, L'Oreal's new Eau De Teint is almost identical to Armani's Maestro foundation.

Now, I didn't give Maestro a totally glowing review. I liked it a lot, but it's very dependant on your skin type, and most suited to those with almost-perfect skin in the first place. You can read my full review here, but I have to admit, with the hefty £38 price tag almost quartered to £9.99, it makes this foundation a whole lot more appealing, especially as an everyday base...

Left: Armani, Right: L'Oreal. Different shades, but identical formulation.

Before and After makeup using L'Oreal Eau De Teint (no filters)
There are only a couple of differences between the two...

The L'Oreal version comes in a teeny tiny 20ml glass bottle that has no pump. Not the most user-friendly or hygienic but it's passable, and very portable!

The shade selection is also smaller for the L'Oreal version (6 shades compared to 12), but if they have a shade to suit you then I'd recommend checking this out!

If you have normal-combination skin and are looking for a light coverage, ultra-natural foundation then I couldn't recommend this more. It's an absolute bargain by all accounts, and it looks great as a daytime base. See my review of the Armani version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment