Monday, October 14, 2013

Macadamia 'Flawless' Review

I've always been a huge fan of hair oils, but ever since Moroccan oil set the trend a few years ago, oil-heavy hair products have been bombarding the market. Whether it's oil in shampoo, conditioner, treatments or styling products, you have to admit it's become a little overwhelming. It's hard to know which products are worth investing in, and which are easily 'dupable' with cheaper alternatives.
I therefore couldn't resist trying Macadamia's 'Flawless' as it seems to be utterly unique. A 6-in-1 product that claims to cleanse, condition, reduce drying time, detangle, enhance volume and eliminate frizz in one quick step...


Cleansing conditioners are nothing new, but one based on the use of oil as a cleansing and perfecting agent is certainly new to me. Flawless is totally free from parabens, surfactants and the stripping suds contained in regular shampoos, and therefore claims to balance out your hair's natural oils: cleansing without stripping.

I was so intrigued to try this and I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the results!

The application of the product was surprisingly nice. It's a creamy mousse constancy when it leaves the can, then becoming more like a thick conditioner when massaged into the hair. Although it doesn't lather, it feels really nice in the hair (I left it in for a few minutes to let it fully penetrate) and rinses out easily, leaving the hair feeling clean and fresh.

I'm not 100% sure about the drying-time claim (It reduces it a little bit, but definitely doesn't halve it!), but in terms of all the other claims, it definitely delivers. My hair feels clean, soft and full, with a noticeable reduction in frizz. I don't need to use a leave-in conditioner, which I normally use every time I wash my hair, and the results last for about 2 days (average for me).  I also have quite a sensitive, dry scalp and this left it feeling hydrated and comfortable.

It's pretty heavy on the price front at £25.75, but if you are replacing 3-4 products by using this, then it is arguably not as expensive as it first appears. Personally I have been really impressed by this product and will continue to use it. I do like to alternate a regular shampoo and conditioner with it every few washes, but overall it's a great one-stop-shop for all you busy girls out there. It will save you time in the morning and make your hair look gorgeous... what more could you ask for?!

This is currently on sale on feelunique.com for £21.88 including a free oil treatment, comb and international delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment